ORINDA, Calif., October 26, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Kinisium announces the immediate availability of Kini, a compact and intelligent device designed for monitoring your hazardous, personal, and valuable items.
Designed primarily to make homes with children and teens safer, Kini can notify parents immediately via text SMS if an off-limits item is accessed. Kini can reduce injuries and deaths due to drug use and family fire.
In the United States:
- Each day, a gun is confiscated from a young person who has taken it to a school (https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/10/10/guns-schools-us-increased-prevention-violence)
- Opioids were the most common substance contributing to death of children age 5 and younger (https://www.aap.org/en/news-room/news-releases/pediatrics2/2023/study-opioid-poisoning-deaths-rising-disproportionately-in-infants-young-children)
- Drug poisoning and firearm deaths have risen to be the top deaths in children (https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/05/health/gun-deaths-children.html)
Paired with secure storage, Kini can give parents additional peace-of-mind with notifications about unauthorized or undesirable breaches and breach attempts. Being alerted to a child’s “discovery event”, when they first locate and access a hazardous item, or subsequent visits, will allow parents to better secure the item, and have constructive dialog with the child.
“As a law enforcement professional in a home with young children, gun safety and awareness is a paramount concern. As we are actively educating our children about having firearms in the home, the Kini device provides an added layer of awareness to a pin point location. Not only is Kini an active deterrent, it is a passive layer of security for parents who value both home security and peace of mind.” - Logan W.
“Is someone messing with my stuff?”
Kini is very versatile and can also be used to monitor personal items, sensitive documents, collectibles and memorabilia, expensive beverages, sports equipment, doors that shouldn’t be opened, and much much more, where housesitters, houseguests, house cleaners, renters, and other visitors are present.
When Kini sends a text message, it notifies the user, not an alarm company, not the police. There is no sharing of your data, no tracking, no storing of your location or the monitored items. “Kini is very discrete and respects your privacy. We can’t lose, mishandle, sell, or be subpoenaed to provide information we don’t collect,” said Mahboud Zabetian, Founder/CEO.
- Dimensions: 2" x 1.5" x 0.5"
- Rechargeable: Operates over a year on a single charge
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4GHz
- Alert Type: SMS text under 5-10 seconds
- No smartphone required
- No monthly or annual service fee
- Easy set-and-forget
- User is notified if Kini needs recharging or is unreachable for a period
Price and Availability:
- Kini Single Pack - $65
- Kini 3-Pack - $165
- Kini 5-Pack - $275
- Available now (for US/Canada) from Kinisium.com, shipping immediately
- Available at Kickstarter through 11/16/24 (ships by Dec 1) (https://tiny.cc/kinikinisium)
- Reseller prices available at [email protected]
- International availability in Q1 2024
We are a US company based in Northern California. Our founders were previously at US tech companies, including Google/YouTube, and non-tech companies such as Visa and Fidelity. We invent high-tech solutions aimed at low-tech issues. We build products that are simple and easy-to-use, hiding complexity by blending state-of-the-art technology and design.
Our products are conceived, designed, prototyped, and tested in California. Final assembly and packaging are also performed in Northern California.
Kinisium Website: www.kinisium.com
Kickstarter Campaign: http://tiny.cc/kinikinisium
Original Source: Kinsium Announces Kickstarter-Backed: Kini: Discreet, Versatile, and Elegantly Simple Home Safety Device