THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
'THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE' exposes the startling risks and rewards of today's market through expert commentary and the anxiety-inducing stories of real people trying to make millions.
TORONTO, May 11, 2023 (Newswire.com) - GRIT Capital, a leading new-age financial media company, is proud to announce its involvement in the upcoming documentary "THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE," which exposes the startling risks and rewards of today's market through expert commentary and the anxiety-inducing stories of real people trying to make millions.
Directed by award-winning directors Chris Temple and Zach Ingrasci of Optimist, the documentary features Glauber "Pro" Contessoto, an immigrant working multiple jobs and living in a 220-square-foot apartment, who gambles his life savings on a joke cryptocurrency. Two months later, he becomes "The Dogecoin Millionaire" and a hero to his growing YouTube following. It's easy to get rich online. But as Pro will soon discover, it's even easier to lose it all.
"As the financial landscape continues to evolve, it has never been easier for the average person to invest," said Genevieve Roch-Decter, CEO of GRIT Capital. "Thanks to technological advancements such as commission-free trading and fractional ownership, retail investors can now invest in anything from stocks to cryptocurrencies to high-end artwork and wine. The access is there but the education and knowledge are not. It's never been more confusing and riskier for investors. They are bombarded by information (and misinformation) and the allure of big gains on risky assets is amplified by social media. This is why GRIT felt it was important to be a voice of reason in this documentary."
GRIT Capital is a new-age financial media company built for the new era of investors that is democratizing access to Wall Street insights. With its fearless approach to disrupting the traditional financial media landscape through delivering unbridled, uncensored, and hard-hitting content, GRIT Capital is on track to build a new-age financial media empire that delivers unparalleled insight to its audience.
As a leading voice in the finance sector, GRIT Capital is proud to provide expert commentary in the documentary. The CEO of GRIT Capital, Genevieve Roch-Decter, is showcased in the movie as a finance expert.
"GRIT is on a mission to deliver the truth (not the hype) and help investors understand the risks of speculative assets and the gains that can be made with a foundation of sound investing principles. We will use all mediums - newsletters, social media, documentaries - to deliver on our mission!" added Roch-Decter.
"THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE" serves as a cautionary tale for investors navigating a landscape that's rife with scams, bad advice, and a fear of missing out. GRIT Capital's involvement in the film showcases their commitment to delivering cutting-edge financial insight.
The documentary is set to be released on June 10, 2023, at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. Executive producers include Howard Lindzon, general partner at Social Leverage, co-founder of Stock Twits and seed investor in Robinhood and eToro, and co-producer Nathaniel Popper, who has covered the worlds of Wall Street and Silicon Valley for the New York Times for nearly a decade.
About GRIT Capital Corporation
GRIT Capital Corporation is a financial media platform democratizing investment knowledge built by former +$100MM money manager Genevieve Roch-Decter. GRIT's mission is to democratize Wall Street insights held by the 1% and make them available to the other 99%. Through special personalities, unique expertise and an incessant drive to deliver ROI, we are building the next global media powerhouse. Ranked the #1 Free Finance newsletter on Substack, the platform has over +1.2 million investors in their network, including hundreds of thousands of free subscribers and thousands of paid subscribers.
GRIT Media Inquiries
Optimist is a non-profit film production company. They're best known for the feature documentaries Living on One Dollar (Netflix), Salam Neighbor (Netflix), Five Years North (PBS), and The Undocumented Lawyer (HBO). Optimist was a 2021 finalist for the DuPont-Columbia award for outstanding journalism and its co-founders were 2022 recipients of DOC NYC & HBO's 40 under 40 award. Their work has been featured in the New York Times, The Atlantic, and CBS This Morning, and has won four Shorty Awards, two ADDY Awards, one Webby Award, and two AVA Digital Awards. In 2023, they're premiering their new feature documentary This Is Not Financial Advice at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Original Source: Grit Capital Makes Film Debut in Finance Documentary at World Premiere in New York City