BETHESDA, Md., May 10, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Get Well, a global leader in digital patient engagement, today announced it has expanded its industry-leading digital patient engagement portfolio to include a new social determinants of health (SDOH) screening solution. The new solution will be available to more than 200 enterprise healthcare organizations nationwide that are using GetWell Inpatient, an interactive patient care and hospital experience management product, at no additional cost.
"Today, 80% of health outcomes are driven by non-clinical factors such as physical environment and health behaviors. We need to reimagine the ways we are reaching and engaging patients and do so in a way that is still seamless for overburdened clinicians," said Michael O'Neil, Get Well CEO. "At Get Well, our mission is to provide high-quality personalized patient care, educate families, and empower clinicians. This starts with better understanding the needs of all patients, particularly underserved patient populations, and enabling our valued partners to leverage these insights in a meaningful way to meet new and evolving regulatory requirements."
In 2024, CMS and many states will require hospitals to implement SDOH screenings for all patients 18 years and older. The Joint Commission and NCQA have also created requirements or reimbursement incentives to screen and support social needs. In response, Get Well now offers a new suite of features that help automate the screening of SDOH and navigate patients to appropriate resources:
- Existing tools to collect SDOH data: Through Get Well's interactive TVs, client partners can allow patients and caregivers to confidentially complete social needs surveys.
- Additional channels for scale: Patients can now also complete SDOH surveys on their phone via text messaging, tablets or mobile devices, or during tech-enabled staff rounding with GetWell Rounds+.
- Seamless integration into existing EHR: Directly embedded SDOH screening data into Epic, Oracle Cerner, and other EHRs ensures coordination of data and workflows.
- Escalation and triage of social needs: Care teams can monitor patients in real-time, pinpointing intervention opportunities and triaging needs to appropriate care teams.
- Navigation of patients to the social resources they need: GetWell Navigators — virtual, and digitally enabled by the Get Well platform — can guide patients to local resources via texting or phone, reducing the workload for overburdened care teams and closing the loop on community referrals. The "high-tech, high-touch" combination sets the GetWell SDOH solution apart.
To learn more, visit getwellnetwork.com.
About Get Well
Get Well is a global digital health company with more than 20 years of experience improving patient engagement. Through partnerships with some of the most progressive hospitals and health systems in the world, we use digital technology to improve the healthcare experience for patients, their families, and clinicians. Learn more at getwellnetwork.com or follow Get Well on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.Contact Information:
Director, Corporate Marketing and Brand
Chief Marketing Officer
Original Source: Get Well to Roll Out New Social Determinants of Health Screening Solution Nationwide